It is the policy of the Wesgroup Equipment Group of Companies which consists of Wesgroup Equipment, Westerra Equipment, Williams Machinery, Vermeer British Columbia, G.R.I.T. Advantage, and any partnerships, joint ventures or other business organizations controlled by or comprised of any of the foregoing (collectively referred to as “Wesgroup”) to protect and respect the privacy of your personal information. This Policy explains the way Wesgroup uses, collects and discloses your personal information and outlines your rights relating to such personal information.
By providing Wesgroup with your consent to use, collect and disclose personal information, you consent to the use, collection and disclosure of such personal information in accordance with this Policy and in addition to any other use, collection or disclosure by Wesgroup of your personal information that has been consented to by you.
Wesgroup will only collect, use and disclose your personal information if Wesgroup has obtained your consent to collect, use, and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy or any other use you may consent to from time to time. However, Wesgroup may disclose, collect or use your personal information without your consent if required or authorized to do so in accordance with applicable law.
In the event that you have provided Wesgroup with your consent to use, collect and disclose your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at anytime by providing Wesgroup with notice of your intent to withdraw your consent or use any other method made available by Wesgroup to you available from time to time to withdraw your consent. Once Wesgroup receives notice of your intent to withdraw consent, Wesgroup will no longer collect, use or disclose your personal information to the extent that you have withdrawn your consent. Withdrawal of your consent is subject to any contractual obligations or any other legal obligations that may exist from time to time. It is important to note that if you withdraw previously provided consent, Wesgroup may not be able to fulfill the purpose(s) for which the information was collected, used or disclosed or fulfill any other obligations Wesgroup may owe to you in connection with such purposes.
Wesgroup’s collection, use and disclosure of personal information
Wesgroup, with the consent of an individual, primarily collects personal information that is directly provided to Wesgroup by you (such as name, address, and contact information).
Wesgroup uses and discloses your personal information for a number of purposes, which includes:
- General Service and Product Support: Wesgroup uses your personal information for the purpose of providing Wesgroup products and services to you and for the general administration of the customer relationship;
- Product and Customer Support: Wesgroup uses your personal information to provide product and customer support to you, which includes monitoring and managing your file, follow up communications, product safety and all other correspondence related to product and customer support of Wesgroup’s products and services;
- Marketing: Wesgroup uses your personal information to provide you with communications and offers for products and services from Wesgroup, including promotional materials, notification of promotional events, surveys, miscellaneous discounts, extending special offers, and other miscellaneous marketing purposes based on your personal information;
- Eligibility: Wesgroup uses your personal information to determine if you are eligible for certain products, services, or offers;
- Communications: Wesgroup uses your personal information to provide you with information that may be of interest to you such as Wesgroup bulletins or notices, catalogues, announcements, reminders and other Wesgroup related notices or announcements;
- Manage Wesgroup’s Everyday Business Needs: Wesgroup uses your personal information to manage its everyday business needs such as payment processing and financial accounting (as applicable), product and service development and safety, contract management, website administration, order and contract fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance; the use of your personal information by Wesgroup for the purpose of contacting you and providing you with information or material for Wesgroup promotions, marketing purposes, and extending special offers and miscellaneous correspondence to you relating to Wesgroup’s products and services;
- Potential Employment: Wesgroup uses your personal information, if provided for the purposes of obtaining employment with Wesgroup, for the purpose of considering your application of potential employment with Wesgroup;
- Response to Inquiries and Requests: Wesgroup uses your personal information for the purpose of responding to any inquires, service requests, or other correspondence between you and Wesgroup; and
- Other Miscellaneous Uses: Wesgroup uses your personal information to prevent fraud or other potentially illegal activities, protect the safety of you and Wesgroup customers, enforce any legal terms that govern your use of Wesgroup services or products, any other use that may be consented to by you from time to time, and for any other purpose as Wesgroup may be required to or authorized by law to do in the applicable jurisdiction.
Wesgroup does not use personal information for any other purposes, unless it has the consent of the individual to whom the personal information relates.
Wesgroup will delete any personal information stored and collected relating to an individual customer if: (i)Wesgroup is no longer using the personal information for the purposes described in this Policy or such other purposes consented to by the individual from time to time; or (ii) if an individual that has consented to the collection, disclosure and use of his/her personal information requests to Wesgroup, in writing, to delete that individual’s personal information from Wesgroup’s personal information storage system.
How does Wesgroup collect personal information?
Wesgroup collects your personal information only with your prior knowledge and consent. Generally, this means that Wesgroup collects personal information directly from you, whether through Wesgroup’s website, telephone, fax or in person. Occasionally, Wesgroup may collect personal information from third party sources in accordance with the applicable laws governing third party collection of personal information applicable in such jurisdictions.
Access to Personal Information
Wesgroup will provide you with access to your personal information in accordance with applicable laws. Wesgroup reserves the right to require that any request for access to personal information be made in writing and may require proof of identity in a manner determined by Wesgroup as a protection measure against unauthorized access of an individual’s personal information. Generally, there is no cost for a request for access to your personal information. However, Wesgroup reserves the right to charge such costs on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable laws. You will be notified in advance if such charges apply.
Wesgroup will correct or amend the personal information in its files where it can be shown that the information is incorrect or incomplete.
Security of Personal Information
Security of your personal information is of upmost importance to Wesgroup.
Wesgroup has taken reasonable steps to assist in the protection of your personal information, including the use of firewall technology and the implementation of reasonable internal security policies and procedures. Wesgroup will continue to monitor security issues and will update and improve security when it is reasonable and practical to do so.
However, it is important to note that the Internet is not a secure method of communication and Wesgroup cannot guarantee the privacy or security of customer information submitted through Wesgroup’s website or by email over the Internet. No security or encryption we provide can protect against every circumstance.
In the event of an unauthorized breach of security of personal information at Wesgroup, Wesgroup shall notify the applicable authorities and individuals in accordance with applicable laws.
Internet and E-mail Transmission/Viruses
Internet software or electronic transmission errors may produce inaccurate or incomplete copies of the content of the Wesgroup website when downloaded and displayed on any computer. Wesgroup does not assume any liability or responsibility whatsoever for computer viruses or other destructive programs received during the electronic transmission of such content of the Wesgroup website or any websites accessed through links provided therein. Any unprotected email communication over the Internet is, as with communication via any other medium (e.g. cellular phones, post office mail), subject to possible interception or loss, and is also subject to possible alteration.
You are responsible for the general security associated with your personal computer or other device you may use to access Wesgroup’s website.
Wesgroup suggests you take additional measures to protect your security. These might include:
- Ensure you are using the most secure web browser currently available. Occasionally, security patches will be available to fix known security gaps associated with your web browser. You should monitor and implement these patches where appropriate.
- Familiarize yourself with your web browser’s various functions and enable/disable such functions as needed in order to maximize security.
- Web browsers often use a “cache” to temporarily save web pages in your computer’s memory. Although the cache is designed to improve performance, subsequent users of your computer may be able to view web pages previously visited by you by accessing the information in the cache. You should always completely close your web browser after each session on Wesgroup’s websites. You should also frequently clear your cache.
- Ensure you have up-to-date virus protection software on all systems and that you run virus scans regularly.
- All connections to the Internet under your control should be protected by firewall protection to help prevent unauthorized Internet access to your systems.
You may be assigned a user account and password by Wesgroup. You may be required or permitted to set or change your password to your user account from time to time. Certain password selection rules will be automatically enforced at the time of selection. In addition, any password selected by you shall:
- Be different from any other personal identification number or other secret code used by you for any other type of services;
- Not contain any information about you that may be easily obtained or guessed by someone else (such as your name, birth date, telephone number, address or Username); and
- Not be changed to any Password previously used by you.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your user account and password. In addition, you are responsible for every action undertaken on the Wesgroup website using your user account and password.
Scope of Policy
This policy only applies to personal information that is subject to the privacy laws of Canada or any of its Provinces (as applicable)or the laws of any other jurisdiction as applicable.
For further information about Wesgroup’s privacy practices, to make a request for access to personal information, to make a request to remove personal information, or withdraw consent please contact Wesgroup’s Privacy Officer at the following address:
Wesgroup Equipment LP
10240 Grace Road
Surrey BC V3V3V6
ATTENTION: Privacy Officer